This page contains directions to riding locations around Armidale. Use hyper links to sub-pages to obtain maps and more information.
Armidale State Forest (Pine Forest):
Driving directions to Pine Forrest
1. From Barney Street head north on Marsh St toward Dumaresq St. - Go through 2 roundabouts 1.7 km
2. Continue onto Rockvale Rd 6.5 km
3. Turn right into Pine Forest Road
Click here for map of Pine Forest Mountain Bike Track
Driving directions to FTF and RR.
1. Starting from the Glen Innes Rd in Armidale head north 17.9km along the New England Hwy. Watch out for the old forestry saw on a post marking the required left hand turn.
2. Drive up 20m to the gate/grid. Parking for 6-8 cars can be found 30m to the left of the gate/grid.
3. There is another gate right at the parking area to access FTF to the west.
Click here for more maps, GPS files and a sneak preview video.
SportUNE MTB Track and Cafe:
Head to SportUNE complex on Sport UNE Drive in the University of New England (UNE) Campus.
1. Turn right of Sport UNE Drive and drive around to the back car park adjacent the synthetic hockey fields.
2. Head west between the hockey feild and the main grassed oval (marked as a purple line on the map.
Click here for maps to show how to get there and a track map.
Driving directions to Kookaburra Crest
1. Head north on Marsh St toward Dumaresq St - Go through 1 roundabout 1.1 km
2. Turn left at Newton St
Destination will be straight ahead on corner of Newton St and Crest Rd 0.8 km
Imbota Nature Reserve:
Do Not ride on the trailssign posted as walking trails. Other signed trails can be riden on.