Where to Ride
NEMTB members manage a number of trails which provide a range of variety to wet your appetite. The club focusses primarily on maintaining trails at The Piney and SportUNE.
This page contains directions to riding locations around Armidale. Use hyper links to sub-pages to obtain maps and more information.
Driving directions to Pine Forrest
1. From Barney Street head north on Marsh St toward Dumaresq St. - Go through 2 roundabouts for 1.7 kms to the Erskine St interestion.
2. From the Erskine St interestion head north out along Rockvale Rd for 4.9 kms to the third entrance/parking on the right into The Piney (Armidale State Forest)
Head to SportUNE complex on Sport UNE Drive in the University of New England (UNE) Campus.
1. Turn right of Sport UNE Drive and park next to the tennis courts before you get to the main SportUNE complex.
2. The trail head is directly behind the basket ball courts near the poplars, look for the large trail head signs.
Driving Directions to Robbers Run
1. Head north about 21km from the top round about in Armidale (Glen Innes Rd) along the New England Hwy.
2. At the top of the pinch look for the Thunderbolts Cave sign and turn right
3. Drive about 1.5 km to Trail Head and Thunderbolts Cave car park
Driving directions to Fat Tyre Farm
1. Starting from the Glen Innes Rd in Armidale head north 17.9km along the New England Hwy. Watch out for the old forestry saw on a post marking the required left hand turn.
2. Drive up 20m to the gate/grid. Parking for 6-8 cars can be found 30m to the left of the gate/grid.
3. There is another gate right at the parking area to access FTF to the west.
Driving directions to Kookaburra Crest
1. Head north on Marsh St toward Dumaresq St - Go through 1 roundabout 1.1 km
2. Turn left at Newton St
Destination will be straight ahead on corner of Newton St and Crest Rd 0.8 km
Head to Walcha NSW which is 70 km south east of Armidale.
To get to the trails head north 3.9km on Thunderbolts Way from the Walcha round about on Oxley Hwy in the Town Centre. Then turn right into Ohio North Road. If coming from Armidale/Uralla you will need to turn left into Ohio North Road opposite the soccer fields.